Cosmetic Breast Surgery
In our practice, all breast surgery is cosmetic, designed to enhance the appearance of the chest wall and breast.
Our surgical expertise includes the management of problems including:
- Post-mastectomy patients requiring whole breast reconstruction.
- Asymmetry, in which one breast is dramatically different in appearance than the other (see Mastopexy)
- Developmental breast deformities such as hypoplastic breast or tuberous breast deformity (see Mastopexy)
- Nipple deformities, including hypertrophic and inverted nipples (see Mastopexy)
- Pectus excavatum, in which there is a concavity of the chest wall (sternum) between the breasts
- Liposuction Breast Reduction. This is especially valuable where breast shape is near optimal, and only a one or two cup size breast reduction is desired
- Gynecomastia, the appearance of conspicuous breasts in men (see Gynecomastia Correction)
- Sagging breasts (ptosis), which require tightening of the skin envelope (see Mastopexy)
- Hypoplastic breasts, which require augmentation of breast volume (see Breast Augmentation)
And we do revision breast surgery, for patients referred with frustrating problems following previous surgical procedures. Often, combinations of problems are present, and our most gratifying procedures involve the application of several techniques to obtain a beautiful result (and another satisfied patient).